The October Newsletter of Eigen Network
This is our monthly progress report, please check out the updates on product, technology, and community building.
Development & Product Spotlight 🕵️♂️
- The Confidential Transaction scheme research. We did a broad survey on existing cutting-edge CT solutions regarding programmability, accountability, and existing wallet compilability. Eigen adopts Account Balance model to achieve good programmability and accountability.
- The State Machine based zk-zkVM prototype has been released in eigen-zkit.
- Eigen hybrid proof system optimization. The performance bottleneck was raised while running the zkVM, which mainly includes the Merkle Hash on BN128 over multiple Merkle Trees(including trace polynomial and Plookup constraints polynomial), and polynomial evaluation on GF(2³). The detail of optimization can be found here.
- Threshold Signature WebAssembly library: fix some bugs; support signature auto checker after signing; replace the exception and assertion by the optional response; design the minimal viable product for online TSS service.
Media Highlights 🚀
- Eigen enters the Top18 in the Tokyo web3 hackathon and gets VIP access to the “Tokyo Web3 Sakura Summit” in March 2023. https://twitter.com/Eigen_Network/status/1582011124953726976
- New partnerships
- Cooperate with a Chinese privacy-preserving computation company, Primihub, to build a universal succinct rollup as a service.
3. New publishing.
- Introducing The 2-of-3 Threshold Signature Protocol by GG18. https://ieigen.medium.com/introducing-the-2-of-3-threshold-signature-protocol-by-gg18-7a6c8f2da893
Contribute to Eigen 🤝
Privacy is essential to the security and adoption of Web3, from Defi to NFTs and beyond. Eigen Network brings cost-effectiveness and privacy to Ethereum and will be foundational to the next generation of successful Web3 applications.
About Eigen Network
Build a private transaction layer for EVM-compatible blockchain by zk-zkVM.
If you liked this article and care about Privacy, smash that clap button, then tweet everyone.